JobSiteCheck is a health and safety management platform that directly connects workers, managers, and supervisors by streamlining collaboration and serving as a system of record for presence and safety compliance. In doing so, we help reduce job site accidents, site shutdowns, and inefficiencies in record keeping.
We are hiring a full stack engineer to help us build the next big construction tech platform. The ideal candidate wants to be a foundational member of the organization and embraces the excitement and challenge of joining a company early. He or she is passionate about helping revolutionize the way construction projects approach safety, health and productivity. This person thrives in a collaborative environment where outcomes are agreed upon as a team and individuals are trusted to achieve them quickly, with quality and creativity. We are based in Austin but this individual doesn’t necessarily need to be here.
- Build software that will protect the lives of workers on job sites.
- Identify new ways to bring scalable technology to historically manual and analog systems.
- Create a communication platform that connects workers to key decision makers, supervisors, and managers.
- Structure data collected from workers such that it can be visualized and interpreted by owners, developers and contractors to identify actions that can improve job site safety, health and productivity.
- Help engineer the foundational backbone of an open platform and related APIs.
- Develop systems to ensure code quality, innovation and efficiency.
YOU MAY BE A FIT FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- Have been working as a Senior Software engineer driving technical work for various groups of engineers.
- Have solid experience in designing complex systems at the earliest stage of a company
- Have helped grow and build engineering teams.
- Are unafraid of failure and believe that true innovation takes risks that more often than not don’t work.
- Believe that doing a couple things extremely well and delivering deep value is better than doing many things okay.
- Are curious to learn about new industries.
- Are skilled in gathering and effectively synthesizing users’ feedback and experience to identify and prioritize product roadmap decisions.
- Believe that the most valuable software is used every day and must become a habit for the worker.
- Are effective in giving and receiving constructive feedback to/from peers and team members.
- Are comfortable in working in ambiguously defined problem spaces, can identify the most valuable areas to direct your energy, and have delivered tangible results, as demonstrated in prior experiences.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB